Congratulations! You’re engaged! You have figured out how to land your perfect partner, but now what do you do? Where do you go first? How do you even know where to start? Winter begins the season of wedding shows, so you are in luck! At a wedding show you can find planners, venues, florists, caterers, photographers, DJs, custom stationery designers and all of the little details you could possibly need for your big day.
With so much information in one place, wedding shows can get overwhelming if you are not prepared. Here some helpful tips to keep in mind while preparing to visit a wedding show.
1) Bring someone with you. Whether it is your partner, friend, or parent; a second opinion can help take the stress off.
2) Figure out what it is you want out of the show. Don’t go into the show without a plan. There are so many different wedding professionals at each show; it helps to have an idea of what you are really looking for.
3) Wear comfortable shoes. You are going to be doing a lot of walking, don’t let your time get cut short because your feet are sore.
4) Bring a notebook. Write down some questions you may want to ask, answers to those questions, and which wedding pros you want to follow up with.
5) Leave your kids at home. A wedding show can be an all day affair and bringing a kid can easily turn it into just a couple of hours (you definitely need more time than that). It will be a much more enjoyable day for you and your kids to leave them with a sitter.
6) Make sure you take time to rest. Take some time to grab a drink and some lunch to fuel you for the rest of the day. You can use this time to discuss everything you have learned so far.